During the Global Domains Division (GDD) Summit in Bangkok from the 6-9th of May 2019, Dietmar Lenden of Com Laude/Valideus sat on the panel for .BRAND Registry Operations: Business Continuity and Resilience. This talk outlined key steps to help brands ensure business continuity and resilience of their registry.
As more brands move to launch their own .BRAND registries brand strategists, digital managers and CEOs need a better understanding of the complexities involved in running a registry.
In addition to complex technical requirements, there are also stringent ICANN regulations that registries must remain compliant with, as well as security risks that must be mitigated.
This session on .BRAND Registry Operations: Business Continuity and Resilience covered such topics as:
- What exactly does a Registry Backend provider do for a .BRAND TLD?
- What services does a corporate registrar / FERM provide for .BRAND TLDs?
- Tracking and compliance with ICANN policy developments
- Designing and implementing a robust registration process using a corporate registrar
- Establishing and following processes to ensure records are maintained and current
- Ensure continued compliance with Spec 13
- How to ensure alignment within the brand around usage / stakeholders / owner and the financially responsible department
- Continual management and assessment of services provided by third-party providers