Next reopening for Thailand registrations directly under .TH
TH NIC, the registry for .TH domains, has announced the final round of domain registrations directly under .TH in 2023.
The launch schedule is as follows:
- Applications: 4 October – 30 November 2023
- Announcement of Qualified Applications: 1 December 2023
- Domain Name Consideration Process: 1 December 2023 – 8 December 2023
- Announcement of Approved Applications: 8 December 2023
A domain applicant can be any natural person, juristic person, organisation that is established in Thailand/operates under Thai law, or a foreign entity that owns a registered Thai trade mark. The domain must be based on the name of a business, a Thai registered trade mark or an identical name under a second-level domain. Documentation will be required.
Categories of applications are ranked by highest to lowest priority as follows, and applicants must specify the category of the application:
- Category 1: Trade mark registered in Thailand.
- Category 2: Foreign trade mark; a representative in Thailand must be provided.
- Category 3: Identical name with a domain under a second-level TLD: .CO.TH, .AC.TH, .OR.TH, etc; except for registered domain names under .IN.TH, which will be excluded.
- Category 4: All types of organisations that do not fall under the above categories.
- Every approved second-level “.TH” name will receive the privilege of securing the equivalent “.ไทย”(dot Thai) for no additional fee.
For further information and pricing, please contact your Domain Strategist or contact us directly.