Should you wish to register .tokyo names with us or transfer .tokyo names to our management, the Registry Operator, GMO Registry, imposes certain conditions. As set out in our Terms and Conditions, by placing an order with us you unconditionally agree to be bound by these conditions as follows:
- Registrant shall agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the initial launch phases of the TLD, the Sunrise and Land Rush periods, and the corresponding dispute resolution processes, as set out in the TLD policies, and shall acknowledge that Registry Operator has no liability of any kind for an loss or liability resulting from the proceedings and processes relating to the Sunrise or the Land Rush Periods, including, but not limited to: (a) the ability or inability of a registrant to obtain a domain name registration during these periods, and (b) the results of any dispute procedures.
- Registrant shall update or correct information during the registration term of a Registered Name.
- Registrant shall adhere to Domain Name Dispute resolution proceedings under the UDRP and URS System concerning registered Domain Names, where applicable.
- Registrant is prohibited from using a Registered Name for distributing malware, abusively operating botnets, phishing, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement, fraudulent or deceptive practices, counterfeiting or otherwise engaging in activity contrary to applicable law.
- Registrant shall acknowledge and accept that the Registry Operator may make use of such Registrant’s Personal Data, which use includes the processing, copying, publishing, modifying and making available through the WHOIS Service, of any such data, and authorize its subcontractors and agents to do the same, in accordance and compliance with relevant applicable data protection and privacy legislation, and for the sole purposes of allowing the Registrar to render the Domain Registration Services.
- Registrant acknowledges that Registry Operator may from time to time use the demographic data collected for statistical analysis, provided that this analysis will not disclose individual Personal Data and provided that such use is compatible with the notice provided to Registrars regarding the purpose and procedures for such use.
- Registrant shall comply with all ICANN standards, policies, procedure, and practices for which Registry Operator has monitoring responsibility in accordance with the Registry Agreement or other arrangement with ICANN.