A comprehensive guide to the domain industry for IP, IT and brand professionals
In our 6th edition of what continues to be an informative reference document for the domains market, we include insightful interviews with industry insiders, and profiles of all 1,600 registries —every place in the world a business can register a domain.
Industry experts reveal:
- Risks in the Domain Supply Chain
Martin Sutton, Executive Director of the Brand Registry Group, outlines the risks that brands face in the domain name supply.
- Google and Major League Baseball divulge how they use their dot brand
IP journalist, Ed Conlon interviews 3 companies to learn how they are promoting their new digital presence.
- The Consequences of a ‘Dark’ WHOIS
Andrew Lothian and Tim Brown from Com Laude, two of the world’s foremost legal experts in brand infringement, explain enforcement in the new era of the ‘dark’ WHOIS.
- What’s Looming for new gTLDs
Jeff Neuman, SVP of Com Laude and Valideus in North America, and Co-Chair of the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Policy Development Process (SubPro PDP) Working Group gives us an insiders view on timeline and progress.
- Robust Validations for new gTLDs Dietmar Lenden, Senior Manager at Com Laude’s Valideus division explains how a robust validations process ensures the registrations meet the registries goals and objectives.
- The Future of ICANN Heather Forrest, recently Chair of the GNSO, outlines challenges that ICANN faces
- A Short Primer on ICANN Sophie Hey of Com Laude’s Valideus team explains how ICANN works.
Download the guide to stay ahead of industry changes.